The Federal University of Technology, Minna, FUTMINNA postgraduate admission screening exercise form for the 2019/2020 academic session is out. The Application guide and requirement can be found on this page.
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified candidates to the Technical College of Engineering, Minna (FUTMINNA) Postgraduate Programs. Admission to the academic
FUTMinna Postgraduate Admission Screening Exercise Form 2019/2020
DURATION OF FUTMINNA POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS.
Master’s degree courses
The Master’s programs are expected to hold at least three semesters for full-time students and there is no part-time for master’s courses. The maximum admissible study time is six semesters for full-time, subject to the adoption of all courses at the end of each semester and the maintenance of a CGPA of 2.5 at the end of the course program. Failure to comply with this requirement leads to withdrawal from the program.
A minimum of six semesters (three as in  academic sessions) and a maximum of ten semesters (five as in  academic sessions) for full-time students.
A minimum of ten semesters (five as in  academic sessions) and a maximum of fourteen semesters (seven as in  academic sessions) for part-time students
Postgraduate diploma courses
Please note that every candidate with PASS class at OND or HND is not qualified for admission. In general, full-time students are expected to complete normally after three semesters upon successful completion of their programs, subject to the maintenance of a minimum CGPA of 1.50 in each semester.
For information on available programs and requirements for each program, please download from Here.
FUTMINNA POSTGRADUATE GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS.
A candidate for Postgraduate Studies at the Technical College of Technology, Minna, must have received five (5) credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GCE (O’Level) or their equivalents including English language and mathematics at no more than two sessions. Admission is not based on expected results and no exemption is granted for inclusion in a program.
1 PhD Programs
- Candidates for admission to a doctoral program are Masters graduates from the Technical University, Minna or another university recognised by the Senate or holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University Council (non-professional masters).
- A Master Degree Holder who has to apply for the University’s program must retain a weighted average of 60% or a B-Class or a CGPA of 3.50 from 5.00 in the Master’s degree.
- For candidates whose background is considered weak for the subject areas, appropriate courses can be prescribed. This is at the discretion of the school/department within the approved general regulations/guidelines of the postgraduate school.
2. Master’s degree courses
- A minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from the Federal University of Technology, Minna or another recognised university.
- A third class honorary degree course with at least 3 years of final examinations in relevant areas can be considered. In some areas, a final examination can be conducted, which can be managed by the department of the candidates in consultation with the postgraduate school.
- Candidates with HND with a minimum of lower credit, OND low credit, and a postgraduate diploma (PGD) in relevant field with at least a minimum of lower credit and one year of graduation experience can be considered.
- To avoid doubt, candidates with PASS class at any level degree, PGD, HND, and OND do not qualify for admission into the PhD / Master / PGD programs. No diploma candidate with CGPA less than 50 qualifies for admission to the master’s courses.
- If an examination is required as in the case of (ii) and (iii), an examination fee of N2000.00 will be charged outside the cost of the postgraduate application forms.
- In all cases of admission, the final decision is made on qualified candidates at the postgraduate school. Candidates with a scientific background are normally considered.
3. Postgraduate diploma courses
- First degree in relevant areas from a recognised university.
- Candidates with a minimum lower credit at HND level are eligible to take up.
- Candidates with PASS class are not allowed.
FUTMINNA POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS – APPLICATION METHODS.
- All applications for postgraduate programs are available online at the university’s website; http://Futminna.edu.ng
- The applications will be available from 14 May 2018
- All requested information about the online application must be correct and accurate with Active and active e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Completed application forms must be submitted online at the university portal latest on 31st August 2018. All necessary instructions for completing the form must be complied with and the failure to do so is sufficient to disqualify an applicant.
Completed application documents must be printed out as they are applied for at the time of registration.
All postgraduates must submit their research proposal of interest and ensure that their official transcripts are passed on to
The University of Technology,
Minna, Niger State.
Before processing the admission.
Official transcripts could also be sent via the university email (Pgs@futminna.edu.ng) to be uploaded before editing the admission.
- It is the responsibility of each candidate to ensure that the online referee reports are duly completed before the deadline and submitted by the respective referees. At least two (2) referees must be submitted on the line.
- All certificates must be uploaded in their original form and in COLOR.
FUTMINNA POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS – APPLICATION FORMS
The University registration fee is N10,000.00 naira plus N250.00 naira inter-switch charge summing up to N10,250.00 naira which is to pay online through the inter-switch platform with the use of master or verve card through the school portal.
FUTMINNA POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS – PAYMENT OF FEES AND PROCEDURES.
All successful applicants offered provisional admission must have the following registration formalities (Screening, payment of fees and registration).
Note: This is to be completed within a fixed date from which the candidate loses the admission.
For more information on FUTMINNA. M.SC., PhD And PGD programs with their specific requirements. Go here
Verified at: http://Futminna.edu.ng
We believe that this post on FUTMinna Postgraduate Admission Application guide is helpful to you. Please, use the social media icons below to share it with your friends on social media.