How to register and get a national ID card quickly in Nigeria
In this article, we will look at the various step-by-step instructions on how to register and quickly obtain your National Identity Card without much stress in Nigeria. The National Identity Card shows that you are a Nigerian citizen at any time.
You can use the Nigerian ID card to create a new bank account, create an account with sensitive sites like Payoneer, Fiverr, and so on. In fact, the National Identity Card is a very important document for any citizen of a country not only Nigeria. Below is a detailed guide on how to register for the National Identity Card in Nigeria and get it sharply.
How to register for a national ID card in Nigeria
- Visit the NIMC website at nimc.gov.ng and search for the registration portal or click https://penrol.nimc.gov.ng/loginForm.tpl.html.php to go directly to the Nigerian National Identity Card registration page.
- Fill out the registration form online with all your data and print out an overview sheet with a 2D barcode and registration identification number.
- Visit the registration center, where a registration officer scans the barcode to retrieve your information from the database.
- You should check and confirm the registration data on the system.
- Your head image, fingerprints and signature would then be captured.
- Send your supporting documents for scanning.
- Your enrollment will be recognized if you receive two extracts. (a) Transaction Note (b) NIN Slip indicating the completion of the registration.
- If everything is done correctly, you should not have any problems getting your ID quickly.
Supporting documents of national identity card
You must provide one of the following information as proof of your identity for your enrollment.
Old national identity card.
2. Valid driving license.
3. Valid international passport.
4. ID card of the voter.
5. Government. Identity card.
6. Certificate of origin.
7. Birth certificate / age indication
Don’t Leave without Sharing this guide. Please Just Share, you might be serving someone the stress of going to registration point to queue.